Firstly, we’d like to apologise. The single biggest comment we get when we speak to people in the village is that they haven’t been told what’s been happening and consequently they don’t believe anything has been happening.
In fact, the volunteer group have been working extremely hard on a number of separate projects all of which are leading to a share offer which will take place on September 15th at SwanFest our hastily arranged beer festival and which if successful in raising enough money will lead to the purchase, refurbishment and reopening of The Swan
Specifically, we have been doing the following:
- Writing a business plan which can be downloaded here
- Writing a prospectus which gives outline information about the share offer, which can be downloaded here
- Working with the Plunkett Foundation who are an organisation set up to support community purchases of pubs.
- Organising the SwanFest beer festival
- Applying for a variety of grants which will provide additional cash thus reducing the need to raise or borrow quite as much
- Arranging for a full appraisal of the Swan pub and outbuildings
- Working with a surveyor to investigate potential plans for refurbishment including the possibility of extending the building, moving the bar, kitchen and toilets etc to better make use of the space.
- Communicating with the local clubs, groups and organisations within the community to establish some goals for how they and the Swan can support one another